Topics

Brake band #chat

watsontristan90@...

Edited

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement brake band for a 1963 jacobsen 100c? I purchased this machine back In the spring it didn't come with the band and I'm unable to drive it because I have to get into gear without shutting the engine off

mrfixit82852

If you look in the Databases of this group, there are several places that sell some of the older parts. There are a couple of different Databases you can look through. I know you are new to this group and not sure if you are familiar how to get to the databases and files. There are links to them on the left side of the group page.

Maybe someone in the group might be able to point you in the right direction for your tractor.

Not sure about your tractor, but there is also places to buy the brake band lining. McMaster Carr sells brake band lining that is used on the newer Jacobsen and Ford Tractors

Also Ebay might be a place to look.

Joe (Owner)

Harley Schlinger

Yes McMaster Carr sells brake band lining I relined my Super 12 Craftsman tractor brake lining with it, but you need to understand you have to counter sink the rivets hard and some Hollow rivets and they are hard to rivet because they are such a small diameter hard to work with, it worked good but when I needed a brake lining for Jacobson 1200 Chief-0-Matic I went with a go-cart brake band so much easier so check go-cart suppliers they make a couple different sizes so get yours off and check tour size, Good Luck.

On Monday, November 4, 2019, 8:22:49 PM PST, mrfixit82852 via Groups.Io <mrfixit82852@...> wrote:

If you look in the Databases of this group, there are several places that sell some of the older parts. There are a couple of different Databases you can look through. I know you are new to this group and not sure if you are familiar how to get to the databases and files. There are links to them on the left side of the group page.

Maybe someone in the group might be able to point you in the right direction for your tractor.

Not sure about your tractor, but there is also places to buy the brake band lining. McMaster Carr sells brake band lining that is used on the newer Jacobsen and Ford Tractors

Also Ebay might be a place to look.

Joe (Owner)

Ed Stoller

I use Drive Disc Lining, STENS  240-325. It is about 3/4" wide, 1/8" thick and 18 inches long. It was originally SNAPPER # 5-310.  On my 1965 Sears SS12 I anchored it with a pop rivet at one end and stuck it in place with E6000 adhesive.  Go to   https://www.jackssmallengines.com/ and inter Stens 240-325.

On 11/4/2019 9:10 PM, watsontristan90 via Groups.Io wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement brake band for a 1963 jacobsen 100c? I purchased this machine back In the spring it didn't come with the band and I'm unable to drive it because I have to get into gear other than shutting the engine off

Ralph

There are several people selling 1” wide brake lining on eBay. I think that you could also use a thick strip of leather. The rivets would probably pull in so that you would not have to countersink them.

Sent: Monday, November 4, 2019 9:10 PM
Subject: [JacobsenFordGardenTractors] Brake band #chat

[Edited Message Follows]

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement brake band for a 1963 jacobsen 100c? I purchased this machine back In the spring it didn't come with the band and I'm unable to drive it because I have to get into gear without shutting the engine off

watsontristan90@...

I am needing the whole brake band not just the lining lol and the ones you can buy as a replacement now days are to big my jacobsen takes a 3" band

watsontristan90@...

I can make this part myself I just need the measurements for it

Ralph

I have the dimensions for the brake band that goes on the 1964 and 1965 Jacobsen Chiefs. They have 4” diameter brake drums.

Sent: Saturday, November 9, 2019 6:50 PM
Subject: Re: [JacobsenFordGardenTractors] Brake band #chat

I can make this part myself I just need the measurements for it

Walter Youngers

Gentleman,
      If my memory is right The trans in the Jacobson Fords is a Peerless 2300 They turned upside down compared  to Deere &  Massy Ferguson. I thing a brake band from them would work ?. Hope this helps,Walt