Topics

Driveshaft rotation

Ron Hribar

I purchased a roller 195
i put a 22 hp Honda clone in it
i attached the driveshaft to the flywheel end of motor
I have more speed and power in reverse than in forward
did I hook up to wrong end of motor or
do I have to adjust linkage on forward pedal

mrfixit82852

Ron

On the Kohler Engines, they get connected to the Flywheel side of the engine.

Sitting in the seat, looking at the engine the drive shaft should spin Clockwise.

If this was only a roller tractor, could it be the Eaton11 hydrostatic  pump is bad? Or you need to adjust the control arms for the Eaton11 pump.

Take some photos of what you have and post them. Maybe others will jump into the conversation.

Joe (Owner)

mrfixit82852

Ron

Other questions would also be did you have to change any of the hydraulic valves that operate the hydraulics?
Did you change the hydraulic Filter?

These tractors use a Open center valve/valves so the fluid feeds back to the sump.

The way these Eaton11 pumps work they leak internally back into the sump to keep the pump primed. If that return line back to the sump gets blocked the Eaton11 pump loses power.

Joe (Owner)

Ron Hribar

Then the rotation should be good
Transmission very strong in reverse
Something I usually find lacking
I will see if the FowArd control rod needs adjusting
If I can figure how to post pictures I will do that